Sr. Associate – Projects(Job Number: 00018598601)
Service Transformation Manager
BSc, BE, BTech/MCA
• Participate and provide updates during governance meetings.
• Liaise with the Business and IT stakeholders (both internal and external) during execution of Asset and Configuration Management activities.
• Act as the Single Point of Contact for managing Configuration Items / assets.
• Jointly develop the Configuration Management plan that includes the CI types to be added and the deployment plan for the CMDB/asset database.
• Take ownership of the Asset and Configuration management process.
• Evaluate existing asset and Configuration Management Systems (CMS).
• Own the design, implementation and management of new/ improved systems for efficiency and effectiveness.
• Own the deployment / maintenance of the CMDB and Asset Database.
• a Perform Data collection exercise as required.
• b Define and maintain naming conventions for CIs.
• c Perform data enrichment and reconciliation process.
• d Own CI lifecycle management.
• e Periodic housekeeping of the database.
• Manage changes to the Configuration Items (software or hardware assets) present in the CMDB by tightly integrating with the Change Management process.
• Agree/propose interfaces with other processes such as change management, problem management, release management etc.
• Ensure availability of the CMDB to the relevant groups during change impact analysis or RCA (Root Cause Analysis).
• Maintain status history for the configuration items and periodically update the internal and Customer stakeholders on the same.
• Ensure participation of the configuration manager in the Change Advisory Board meetings.
• Improve asset database and CMDB accuracy targets (rebaseline of accuracy and coverage targets).
• Maintain an active configuration plan that governs the progressive rollout/maintenance of the CMDB.
• Ensure CMDB is maintained accurate and up to date.
• Ensure software deployed is monitored and metered for use and redeployment (software license management) as a part of the asset management process.
• Ensure Service Levels agreed with respect to the CMDB are met consistently.
• Ensure process compliance by the teams managing and updating the CMDB.
• Collect and analyze the metrics pertinent to the Configuration Management proces.
• Track effort spent in maintaining the CMDB and look for possible efficiency optimizations.
• Analyze metrics data to find service bottlenecks and provide inputs to the Service Improvement plan.
• Define and implement the service asset and configuration management policies and procedures.
• Implement a discovery tool (as required) to refresh the CMDB CI details in conjunction with the change management process.
• Provide inputs for appraisal rating, promotion recommendations and rewards and recognition.
• Continually assess skill level and provide intervention assistance for the team members.
• Provide inputs for learning plans.
• Manage and mentor the Asset and Configuration Management / delivery team.
• Maintain/improve effective working relationship (Interpersonal) within and across teams.
Contribution to Org Initiatives:
• Adhere to Organization policies and procedures.
• Share best practices/assets with the Organization and leverage Organization process assets for the benefit of the account.
Customer Relationship Management:
• Participate in Customer round table discussions/floor visits and share relevant experience.
• Collaborate with the Customer’s Service Management team (if any) during Asset and Configuration Management process definition and implementation.
• Participate and contribute in Academy training programs.
Process Optimization & Audits:
• Participate and contribute in Process/Quality audits.
• Ensure regular and random audits are being conducted in the Configuration Management database to detect any anomalies.
• Review and audit the Asset and Configuration Management process (efficiency/effectiveness) using Metrics and KPIs and make recommendations for process improvement.
SNo Primary Skill Proficiency Level * Rqrd./Dsrd.
1 Adv Geneva -G2 Data Warehouse NA Required
2 Actimize -Unified Data Manager NA Required
3 Apex Data loader NA Required
4 Ab Initio Data Profiler NA Required
|Job Category||B-Tech, BSC, Computer Science Jobs, Electrical & Electronics Jobs, Electrical Engineering Jobs, IIT, MCA, MTech|